Support and Encouragement During Changing Times
This site is designed to provide support and encouragement to individuals
who have experienced job loss or cutbacks, by supplying information
on services and programs in Southeast Iowa.
In Fall 2009 KILJ Radio ran a 10-week series of radio interviews developed to provide information on services and programs in southeast Iowa to support individuals who have experienced job loss or cutbacks.
These interviews are archived on the KILJ website in the archived interviews, where you can listen to them at your convenience.
Click here to see topics & dates for the 10-week series:
- Sept. 30: Understanding the Workforce Investment Act
- Oct. 7: Understanding Insurance, Cobra, & Hawk-I
- Oct. 14: 10 Common Financial Mistakes
- Oct. 21: 10 Common Unemployment Mistakes
- Oct. 28: Keeping Your Children In College Following Job Loss
- Nov. 4: Dealing With Loss of Identity, Self Worth and Anger Following Job Loss
- Nov. 11: Supporting Spouses and Friends
- Nov. 18: Marketing Yourself and Retooling For A New Workforce
- Nov. 25: Networking and Searching For A Job Online
- Dec. 2: Current Employment Trends in Southeast Iowa and Starting Your Own Business
Click here for a list of resources and support information including websites, phone numbers, addresses, and much more.
Learn about available classes. Please check this page often for current updates.
When in a situation where you are facing unemployment or difficult financial decisions, it can be hard to know which direction to turn and how to make good use of your time in a positive and productive manner.
Click here for a list of ways to start spending more of your time in a positive manner! Use this list to get motivated; you will soon be coming up with more great ideas all on your own!